Help adding a second consumer unit D.I.Y. Kit - UK420
The sparks used a spare way on my house consumer unit - fitted a 40amp breaker and ran a large T&E cable across to the garage. A small 4 way consumer unit was fitted and a 16amp commando socket was wired up for my bandsaw.... 10/11/2012 · I recently wanted to have power to my shed so i have bought some armoured cable and a consumer unit. There is already a consumer unit in the garage with spare trips so i have come off one of these with my armoured cable to the shed.
Qualified electricians question....Re mcb AVForums
18/06/2010 · I want to put a few socket and a light in my wooden shed. The set up i want to do will involve connecting some 2.5 armoured cable from a spare in the consumer unit (32a) straight to the shed about a metre away.... 4/06/2010 · I need to run a new power supply to an outbuilding that I will be using for a hobby workshop. The existing Consumer unit for the house is full. I was planning to …
Cable To Shed Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Electrical Forum
4/02/2015 · So looking for ideas about how to get the cable into the house and what kinda connection to make with say a 16sq cable to the consumer unit. The reason I ask what csa armoured cable is (well I dont know what csa it is), I'd like to be able to calculate the voltage drop, I don't think its practical,possible or cost efficient to run the armoured cable to the other side of the house where the... 18/08/2010 · A P-Nut can be used but I have found the plastic on most consumer units is too weak to take a 10mm SWA cable and it may be better to use an adaptable box and a tube nut and two brass ends to connect both together.
armoured cable into consumer unit - JYTOP Power cable
1/03/2017 · As regards routing the cable, it may be more convenient to take the new cable all the way round to the front of the house and access the supply at the meter cupboard, rather than coming through the house to the consumer unit, but that does depend on the exact layout, how easy it …... 15/09/2014 · Once out the house I will be burying the cable underground where it will come back out into a garage consumer unit inside the garge that I will buy and install at the same time as I buy the required cable. Once this is wired I will then proceed with the wiring off the grow room to plug sockets etc which I wont have a problem with.
How To Connect Armoured Cable To Consumer Unit
SWA Armoured Cable Medlock Electrical Distributors
- How To Terminate armoured cable Quickbit Ltd
- Is it legal to run an armoured cable extention to my shed
- Rcd tripping on consumer unit www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk
- Terminating an armoured cable into a plastic box DIYnot
How To Connect Armoured Cable To Consumer Unit
1/01/2002 · I'm thinking of putting electricity into our garage. I'll need the armoured cable that the likes of screwfix supply - in particular the 4mm 3 core .
- 17/10/2009 · 1) If I was doing it I would just have rcd protection at the consumer unit. 2) Use the third core for the earth, but you can also use the steel wire as an additional earth. Just get a couple of glands and then connect the earthing tab to the other earths.
- 1/01/2002 · I'm thinking of putting electricity into our garage. I'll need the armoured cable that the likes of screwfix supply - in particular the 4mm 3 core .
- 30/10/2012 · Re: Wiring a shed - how many spurs from a connection? Originally Posted by Frosty Connect house consumer unit, drill through wall fit external box to connect armoured cable, fit and connect shed consumer unit, test, register with council and provide cert - ?100.
- 7/01/2012 · Try and fit a conduit box to the consumer unit,it can be fixed securely reducing strain on the cons unit and allow the termination of the Swa to be done Click to expand... that is a good idea by des, and you can still use a banjo if you wish on the bush on the inside of thje CU.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Ngunnawal ACT, Pyrmont ACT, Majura ACT, Blakney Creek ACT, Mitchell ACT, ACT Australia 2612
- New South Wales: Burroway NSW, Tibooburra NSW, Singleton Heights NSW, Mungindi NSW, Byrock NSW, NSW Australia 2081
- Northern Territory: Uralla NT, Knuckey Lagoon NT, Herbert NT, Desert Springs NT, Daly River NT, Connellan NT, NT Australia 0818
- Queensland: Southwood QLD, Diamond Valley QLD, Veradilla QLD, South Bingera QLD, QLD Australia 4026
- South Australia: Wynn Vale SA, Oakbank SA, Glynde SA, Kappawanta SA, Mount Gambier SA, Baroota SA, SA Australia 5048
- Tasmania: Sprent TAS, Goulds Country TAS, Myalla TAS, TAS Australia 7097
- Victoria: Flemington VIC, Robinvale Irrigation District Section C VIC, Newbury VIC, Sailors Gully VIC, Meredith VIC, VIC Australia 3006
- Western Australia: Wanneroo WA, Buttah Windee Community WA, Meckering WA, WA Australia 6071
- British Columbia: Vancouver BC, White Rock BC, Gold River BC, Alert Bay BC, Anmore BC, BC Canada, V8W 3W7
- Yukon: Dominion YT, Black Hills YT, Upper Liard YT, Champagne YT, Little River YT, YT Canada, Y1A 8C6
- Alberta: Chauvin AB, Hardisty AB, Linden AB, Fort Saskatchewan AB, Turner Valley AB, Dewberry AB, AB Canada, T5K 4J4
- Northwest Territories: Enterprise NT, Katl’odeeche NT, Aklavik NT, Inuvik NT, NT Canada, X1A 1L1
- Saskatchewan: Denholm SK, Leroy SK, Mendham SK, Hafford SK, Marengo SK, Disley SK, SK Canada, S4P 3C4
- Manitoba: Gladstone MB, Lynn Lake MB, Erickson MB, MB Canada, R3B 7P6
- Quebec: Saint-Gabriel QC, Saint-Tite QC, Levis QC, Beauceville QC, Price QC, QC Canada, H2Y 8W8
- New Brunswick: Shippagan NB, Edmundston NB, Perth-Andover NB, NB Canada, E3B 2H3
- Nova Scotia: St. Mary's NS, Windsor NS, Hantsport NS, NS Canada, B3J 5S8
- Prince Edward Island: Darlington PE, Lot 11 and Area PE, Hunter River PE, PE Canada, C1A 5N6
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Lushes Bight-Beaumont-Beaumont North NL, Nain NL, St. Alban's NL, Winterton NL, NL Canada, A1B 9J5
- Ontario: Uttoxeter ON, St. Clair Beach ON, Gambridge ON, Mattice, Armour ON, Stevensville ON, Oshawa ON, ON Canada, M7A 4L4
- Nunavut: Frobisher Bay (Iqaluit) NU, Igloolik NU, NU Canada, X0A 7H3
- England: Grays ENG, Welwyn Garden City ENG, Keighley ENG, St Helens ENG, Weston-super-Mare ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 9A3
- Northern Ireland: Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H8
- Scotland: East Kilbride SCO, Paisley SCO, Edinburgh SCO, Glasgow SCO, Hamilton SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 7B9
- Wales: Neath WAL, Newport WAL, Newport WAL, Cardiff WAL, Swansea WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 1D3